Thursday, November 23, 2023

1 Chronicles 24:20–31

20As for the rest of the descendants of Levi: from the sons of Amram: Shubael; from the sons of Shubael: Jehdeiah. 21As for Rehabiah, from his sons: Isshiah was the first.

22From the Izharites: Shelomoth; from the sons of Shelomoth: Jahath.

23The sons of Hebron: Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third and Jekameam the fourth.

24The son of Uzziel: Micah; from the sons of Micah: Shamir. 25The brother of Micah: Isshiah; from the sons of Isshiah: Zechariah.

26The sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi. The son of Jaaziah: Beno.

27The sons of Merari: from Jaaziah: Beno, Shoham, Zaccur and Ibri.

28From Mahli: Eleazar, who had no sons.

29From Kish: the son of Kish: Jerahmeel.

30And the sons of Mushi: Mahli, Eder and Jerimoth.

These were the Levites, according to their families. 31They also cast lots, just as their brothers the descendants of Aaron did, in the presence of King David and of Zadok, Ahimelech, and the heads of families of the priests and of the Levites. The families of the oldest brother were treated the same as those of the youngest.

 

 

Psalm 119:129–136

129Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. 130The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. 131I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. 132Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. 133Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. 134Redeem me from the oppression of men, that I may obey your precepts. 135Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees. 136Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed.

 

 

1 Corinthians 8:7–13

7But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. 8But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

9Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10For if anyone with a weak conscience sees you who have this knowledge eating in an idol's temple, won't he be emboldened to eat what has been sacrificed to idols? 11So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Friday, October 6, 2023