Friday, September 29, 2023

Joel 3:17–21

17"Then you will know that I, the LORD your God, dwell in Zion, my holy hill. Jerusalem will be holy; never again will foreigners invade her.

18"In that day the mountains will drip new wine, and the hills will flow with milk; all the ravines of Judah will run with water. A fountain will flow out of the LORD's house and will water the valley of acacias. 19But Egypt will be desolate, Edom a desert waste, because of violence done to the people of Judah, in whose land they shed innocent blood. 20Judah will be inhabited forever and Jerusalem through all generations. 21Their bloodguilt, which I have not pardoned, I will pardon."

The LORD dwells in Zion!

 

 

Psalm 86

1A prayer of David. Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. 2Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. 3Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. 4Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 5You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. 6Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy. 7In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. 8Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours. 9All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. 10For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God. 11Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. 12I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. 13For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave. 14The arrogant are attacking me, O God; a band of ruthless men seeks my life-- men without regard for you. 15But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness. 16Turn to me and have mercy on me; grant your strength to your servant and save the son of your maidservant. 17Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

 

 

Romans 15:8–21

8For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs 9so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written:

"Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name."

10Again, it says,

"Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people."

11And again,

"Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and sing praises to him, all you peoples."

12And again, Isaiah says,

"The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him."

13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

14I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge and competent to instruct one another. 15I have written you quite boldly on some points, as if to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me 16to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

17Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. 18I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done-- 19by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ. 20It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else's foundation. 21Rather, as it is written:

"Those who were not told about him will see, and those who have not heard will understand."

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Friday, October 6, 2023