Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Proverbs 29

1A man who remains stiff-necked after many rebukes will suddenly be destroyed--without remedy.

2When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan.

3A man who loves wisdom brings joy to his father, but a companion of prostitutes squanders his wealth.

4By justice a king gives a country stability, but one who is greedy for bribes tears it down.

5Whoever flatters his neighbor is spreading a net for his feet.

6An evil man is snared by his own sin, but a righteous one can sing and be glad.

7The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

8Mockers stir up a city, but wise men turn away anger.

9If a wise man goes to court with a fool, the fool rages and scoffs, and there is no peace.

10Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.

11A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

12If a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked.

13The poor man and the oppressor have this in common: The LORD gives sight to the eyes of both.

14If a king judges the poor with fairness, his throne will always be secure.

15The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to himself disgraces his mother.

16When the wicked thrive, so does sin, but the righteous will see their downfall.

17Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul.

18Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law.

19A servant cannot be corrected by mere words; though he understands, he will not respond.

20Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

21If a man pampers his servant from youth, he will bring grief in the end.

22An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins.

23A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.

24The accomplice of a thief is his own enemy; he is put under oath and dare not testify.

25Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

26Many seek an audience with a ruler, but it is from the LORD that man gets justice.

27The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.

 

 

Psalm 119:97–104

97Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. 98Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. 99I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. 100I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts. 101I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word. 102I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me. 103How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 104I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.

 

 

2 Peter 1:16–21

16We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." 18We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

19And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Friday, October 6, 2023