Saturday, May 29, 2021

 Jeremiah 5:14–31

14Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty says:

"Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes. 15O house of Israel," declares the LORD, "I am bringing a distant nation against you-- an ancient and enduring nation, a people whose language you do not know, whose speech you do not understand. 16Their quivers are like an open grave; all of them are mighty warriors. 17They will devour your harvests and food, devour your sons and daughters; they will devour your flocks and herds, devour your vines and fig trees. With the sword they will destroy the fortified cities in which you trust.

18"Yet even in those days," declares the LORD, "I will not destroy you completely. 19And when the people ask, 'Why has the LORD our God done all this to us?' you will tell them, 'As you have forsaken me and served foreign gods in your own land, so now you will serve foreigners in a land not your own.'

20"Announce this to the house of Jacob and proclaim it in Judah: 21Hear this, you foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear: 22Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD. "Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it. 23But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts; they have turned aside and gone away. 24They do not say to themselves, 'Let us fear the LORD our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.' 25Your wrongdoings have kept these away; your sins have deprived you of good.

26"Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch men. 27Like cages full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; they have become rich and powerful 28and have grown fat and sleek. Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. 29Should I not punish them for this?" declares the LORD. "Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?

30"A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land: 31The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end?

 

 

Psalm 119:145–152

145I call with all my heart; answer me, O LORD, and I will obey your decrees. 146I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes. 147I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. 148My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises. 149Hear my voice in accordance with your love; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your laws. 150Those who devise wicked schemes are near, but they are far from your law. 151Yet you are near, O LORD, and all your commands are true. 152Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever.

 

 

Acts 2:42-47

42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

Acts 3:1-10

1One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer--at three in the afternoon. 2Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

6Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. 9When all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Friday, October 6, 2023