Monday, September 28, 2020


Amos 1:13-15

13This is what the LORD says:

"For three sins of Ammon, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. Because he ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead in order to extend his borders, 14I will set fire to the walls of Rabbah that will consume her fortresses amid war cries on the day of battle, amid violent winds on a stormy day. 15Her king will go into exile, he and his officials together," says the LORD.

Amos 2:1-5

1This is what the LORD says:

"For three sins of Moab, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. Because he burned, as if to lime, the bones of Edom's king, 2I will send fire upon Moab that will consume the fortresses of Kerioth. Moab will go down in great tumult amid war cries and the blast of the trumpet. 3I will destroy her ruler and kill all her officials with him," says the LORD.

4This is what the LORD says:

"For three sins of Judah, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. Because they have rejected the law of the LORD and have not kept his decrees, because they have been led astray by false gods, the gods their ancestors followed, 5I will send fire upon Judah that will consume the fortresses of Jerusalem."





Psalm 88

1A song. A psalm of the Sons of Korah. For the director of music. According to [mahalath leannoth.] A [maskil] of Heman the Ezrahite. O LORD, the God who saves me, day and night I cry out before you. 2May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry. 3For my soul is full of trouble and my life draws near the grave. 4I am counted among those who go down to the pit; I am like a man without strength. 5I am set apart with the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom you remember no more, who are cut off from your care. 6You have put me in the lowest pit, in the darkest depths. 7Your wrath lies heavily upon me; you have overwhelmed me with all your waves. [Selah] 8You have taken from me my closest friends and have made me repulsive to them. I am confined and cannot escape; 9my eyes are dim with grief. I call to you, O LORD, every day; I spread out my hands to you. 10Do you show your wonders to the dead? Do those who are dead rise up and praise you? [Selah] 11Is your love declared in the grave, your faithfulness in Destruction? 12Are your wonders known in the place of darkness, or your righteous deeds in the land of oblivion? 13But I cry to you for help, O LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you. 14Why, O LORD, do you reject me and hide your face from me? 15From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death; I have suffered your terrors and am in despair. 16Your wrath has swept over me; your terrors have destroyed me. 17All day long they surround me like a flood; they have completely engulfed me. 18You have taken my companions and loved ones from me; the darkness is my closest friend.





Romans 16:1–16

1I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. 2I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me.

3Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. 4They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

5Greet also the church that meets at their house.

Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

6Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you.

7Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

8Greet Ampliatus, whom I love in the Lord.

9Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys.

10Greet Apelles, tested and approved in Christ.

Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus.

11Greet Herodion, my relative.

Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord.

12Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord.

Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord.

13Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.

14Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas and the brothers with them.

15Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas and all the saints with them.

16Greet one another with a holy kiss.

All the churches of Christ send greetings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Friday, October 6, 2023